If you are a beginner and want to earn money by selling your skills then freelancing sites are the best places for earning money for your skills.
Freelancing platforms are places where you can find online work from clients and choose to work on any of them according to your skill.
In this article, you will get to know about the best blogging platforms with their pros and cons in detail. You can choose any of these or many platforms to work on after reading this article.
Top 10 Freelancing Platforms in 2023
Upwork is a freelancing platform where clients can find skilled workers all over the world. If you want to work online and skilled in any type of work whether it be designing, web developing, content writing, tutoring, or anything, you will find jobs according to your needs on this platform.
To find jobs on Upwork you have to create a profile showcasing your skills and experience. Then you can be discovered by clients or you can apply for job posts directly.
- Upwork has trusted and reputable clients to pay freelancers according to their work.
- It has a variety of payment methods available such as Paypal, direct transfer, and so on.
- Finding work on Upwork is so competitive as there are many freelancers already working on this platform and clients generally prefer highly skilled workers.
- Upwork has a high service fee of about 20%. But if you make more money on this platform you have to pay less fee if seen percentage-wise.
Fiverr is one of the simplest freelancing platforms where freelancers can find work from editing, content creation, web designing, and copywriting to almost any type of work that you can do.
Fiverr is very simple to use and you just have to create a profile for free then clients can approach you for the work they need according to your stats.
- Fiverr has a variety of services to offer both clients and freelancers.
- They offer online courses so that freelancers can learn skills.
- Freelancers have to pay a large percentage as a fee from their commission to Fiverr.
- You have to wait for some time to get paid.
Freelancer is another freelancing platform where clients and businesses can find freelancers for their work all around the world. There are various service categories for almost any work in Freelancer.
On this platform, you can register as a client or freelancer easily. For signing up as a freelancer you have to provide some basic details including your work interest, education, and experience.
- There are many contests on this platform along with projects from where freelancers can earn money which is an additional benefit.
- Freelancers get paid via Paypal or wire transfer like other freelancing platforms.
- You have to watch out for fake clients and businesses contacting you.
- It is not much understandable as other freelancing platforms.
Toptal is a highly reputable freelancing site as only 3% of freelancers get to qualify for working here. Businesses look for highly skilled professionals in fields such as web development, software development, management, and other activities.
Freelancers have to go through a five-step selection process to get work here. If selected you can apply for job posts but if you fail the test you have to wait for months for applying again.
- Toptal has premium jobs from trusted businesses like Airbnb.
- It has several free tools for invoicing, tracking, and payments.
- Freelancers have to pass through intense test processes which most of the freelancers fail.
- Freelancers performing smaller tasks find it difficult to find jobs in Toptal as this platform is best for large projects.
Guru is a freelancing platform consisting of jobs like graphic designing, management, and so on. Freelancers can get long-term as well as short-term projects to work on.
Freelancers have to create a profile listing their expertise, and experience and bid on projects from suitable clients.
- Guru has customization of jobs according to specifications.
- It has SafePay protection for smooth payment to freelancers for their work.
- This site is not as user-friendly as other freelancing platforms.
- Fake businesses and scammers are continuously looking to scam you.
PeoplePerHour is a platform where businesses and freelancers get a chance to work together. It has numerous freelancers skilled in different activities such as designing, programming, and legal services.
Freelancers can create an account for free and recruiters look for appropriate people based on qualifications, and experience to work for them.
- Payments done on this platform are secure.
- You can find jobs here based on your location.
- New accounts need to be reviewed to start working which may take some time and there is no guarantee that it will be approved.
Flexjobs has trusted clients to provide work for freelancers. This platform has every type of work from part-time, and freelance jobs to seasonal and full-time jobs.
You can do any type of work like content writing, web development, transcription, marketing, and so on. This is one of the freelancing platforms that is ad-free.
- Jobs on Flexjobs are 100% legit and trusted.
- Flexjobs offers career advice for freelancers to advance their careers and have a 24/7 support team.
- The platform is way too expensive for beginners.
- Not all the jobs listed on this platform are exclusive as they can be seen on other sites too.
Designhill is a freelancing platform mainly focusing on artists and designers with businesses like logo design, product design, and similar things.
They allow freelancers to start their own stores. They also provide various tools to manage your store, profit margin, and create digital goods.
- You get quality support from the team if you face any problem using this platform.
- It lets you create your own online store.
- Freelancers don’t have to pay the service fee, unlike other platforms.
- To work as a freelancer you have to signup for a subscription through Paypal or a debit card which is refundable.
- They don’t show ads on their platform, unlike other freelancing platforms.
SimplyHired is a platform where you can see job postings from various sources in one page. You can find jobs in any category you can think of.
You can see job listings here without an account but having an account will benefit you if you want jobs with your preferences. You can also search for any job in the search toolbar and narrow down the results by location and skills you have.
- The search bar helps in looking for desired jobs based on preference.
- Freelancers can access information, salary, and reviews for a company on their page.
- Scammers create fake job listings and bother you.
- It becomes hard for beginners to be noticed in such a large place.
TaskRabbit is something different than other freelancing platforms because it has jobs that people offer to clients on daily basis such as house chores, delivery service, and so on.
Freelancers can create a profile and set hourly rates offering different services. Those who need the services can contact you by seeing your profile. Lots of people are already working on this platform so giving it a try is not a bad option.
- The best thing is the platform doesn’t charge any service fee.
- You can set your own hourly rate.
- As mentioned, this platform mainly focuses on jobs that are done on daily basis, so it’s not that good for professionals.
- TaskRabbit is not available in all the locations.
Which Freelancing Skill is in Demand?
Freelancing jobs like content creation, writing, graphic design, and web development are in great demand at this time due to the increase of emerging businesses and entrepreneurs looking for professionals to grow their businesses. Thus the freelancing economy is increasing rapidly you can choose to work as an artist, designer, and much more.
How Much Can a Beginner Freelancer Earn?
Beginner freelancers can earn around 10-20k easily on a monthly basis in India. According to that data, the average earnings of freelancers range between 1-1.5 lakhs annually.
Which Skill Will be Required in the Future?
Leadership, communication skills, problem-solving, strategy-making, understanding, and critical thinking are some of the skills that will be highly required in the future.